Saturday, July 11, 2009

L'Avant Gout


There's a charming little restaurant across the street from where I have class in the morning. I've walked by it many times and finally, on a Saturday afternoon, I decided to walk in and sit down for a nice lunch. I didn't know what to expect but it didn't disappoint at all.


Unable to decide what to order (and unable to decipher part of the menu) I ordered the menu dejeuner (the set lunch menu) that came with a soup, plate of the day, wine, and coffee--all for 14 euros, it was a pretty good deal.

The nice waiter recommended a crisp dry wine and I was glad I took his advice. It went wonderfully with the rest of the meal.

Veloute d'Asperge


The asparagus soup was deliciously velvety and creamy. The waiter set down white bowl with a single piece of crouton and roasted cherry tomato in front of me and poured the light green soup into the bowl from a pitcher. Lovely presentation and incredibly delicious. It was probably my favorite part of the meal.

Croustillant d'Agneau
puree de carotte


The main course was lamb wrapped in light crispy phyllo dough and baked in a oven. It sat on top of a smooth, slightly sweet bed of pureed carrots. The combination of flavors was amazing.



The meal was finished with a nice cafe and gingersnap cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment